Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Mornings on the Bus

Ah, yes... the joy of arriving at work at a reasonable hour: so many people packed on the bus that you couldn't squeak one more on with a shoehorn, and then sailing past stops full of people who are frustrated that a half dozen busses have passed them by without stopping.

:P

I wonder what the busses were like yesterday? Although it was Labour day, the university, in it's infinite wisdom, decided to hold classes. Some of the peons pointed out that not all students lived on campus. So they suggested running shuttles from the park and rides. Well, now campus people and out-of-town people are okay, but what about all the people in town? Um, okay, well... how about a Saturday schedule? Yeah... like a once-an-hour bus is really going to be sufficient. Plus, the Saturday schedule only serves half the park and ride lots. And only a fraction of the town. I decided to stay home. (I meant to work at home, but ended up sleeping most of the day. I did take a break from my naps to have ice cream with Kelli... a local place was raising funds for Katrina relief by selling ice cream.)

Yowzers! I don't know what's up, but I just developed a killer headache in my left temple!

Hmmm... I take two advil, and it disappears before the advil has a chance to do anything. Strange.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yowzers! I don't know what's up, but I just developed a killer headache in my left temple!

Sounds like you are on a plane that has just begun its descent. I got a killer headache in my left temple just all of a sudden -- BOOM! -- just as we were starting our descent into Houston yesterday. Once the plane landed, the headache was all gone.

noricum said...

Weird. Yours must have been due to the change in pressure.

Marvie said...

heh you were talking about ice cream.... brain freeze?

noricum said...

Hmmm... would that be a 24 hour delayed brain freeze, or a pseudo-brain-freeze from thinking about ice cream? ;)