Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Tonight

Tonight was SNB. Another lovely evening, complete with free yarn being given away by a member who had too much! :) (I snagged 6 balls of chenile, and one of a pretty pink acrylic.) Weasley's sleeves gained another 6 cm, and Jess's second sock is chugging along merrily. I loaned a VHS tape of last week's Gilmore Girls and House to the person who drove me home last week, and she drove me home again tonight! Knitters are so nice!

However, things were not quite so joyous at the home front.

I had set up my VCR to tape this week's Gilmore Girls and House. (I get home a bit after House starts.) The VCR was not making recording noises. I look at it. It has spit the tape out. Nooooooooooo! No Gilmore Girls this week! (I only missed the first five minutes of House... that was fine.)

What was up with the VCR?

Well, I had to use a different tape this week, since I was loaning last week's tape to my knitter friend. When I was setting up the VCR, there were three other tapes that were easily reachable: 2 with taped computer science classes (if you know you'll be missing a class, and the class is in one of the right rooms, they can tape it for you), and one regular blank one. I knew that some of my regular blank tapes had problems, so I decided to tape over a class. After all, it's been about five years since I took that class, and I haven't looked at them after my initial viewing.

Well, it turns out that after taping the class for me, the tech person broke off the little "recordable" tab, so that it didn't accidentally get recorded over. Very nice of the tech person to make sure I didn't miss my class. I am peeved that I missed my Gilmore Girls, though.

*sigh*

Plus, this means my knitter friend also won't get to see this week's episode. And she gave me a ride home and everything!

Anyone know of a good synopsis of what happened?

However, I did get a bit of good news... one of the balls of orange yarn I ordered from Beehive Wool came stained, and they're sending me a replacement. I had sent them an e-mail today, stating I was unhappy at receiving a stained ball, but was on a tight budget and so didn't want to send it back. I asked what their policy was in situations like this, and they sent me a really friendly e-mail asking for the colour and lot numbers, so they could replace the ball.

I'm very happy with Beehive Wool now. I'll keep you posted on the new ball. :)

2 comments:

Pam said...

Gilmore Girl recaps here http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show.cgi?show=25

There's a little recap up the first few days after and then a 10 page one later in the week. The site's a bit snarky, but funny and you'll get the gist of what happened.

noricum said...

thanks!