Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Grrr

I'm annoyed... it turns out my dishwasher is costing $50 more than I thought it would. The salesperson said I qualified for free standard delivery (via rebate), but it turns out I don't. I would have had to buy a *Kenmore* dishwasher to qualify, and my dishwasher is *GE*.

I'm peeved with the Sears salesperson. Do you hear me Sears? I'm peeved with you, and giving you a little bad press because your salesperson didn't know how the rebate worked. Please make sure your salespeople understand the rebates!

No, they probably don't hear me, but I'm still peeved about the $50.

Notice to people selling me stuff: if you screw with me, I'll give you bad press on my blog. You may not care, but I will anyway.

;)

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Did you call the manager and demand free shipping? Tell them you only bought that one because of the rebate and you're not buying it otherwise (provided that it hasn't already shipped). Sears is sometimes REALLY good about coming through.

And I think a blog is the perfect place to bash companies that give you crappy service. I had a good rant about Cingular once upon a time.

Anonymous said...

call the manager, as stacy mentioned. that's one of the (many) ways sears tends to screw people. "oh no no no this has a rebate..." and then no, not really. :(

lame!

KelliAmanda said...

I agree - if you didn't call the manager and complain, you totally need to. With all the money Sears makes now (obviously, with all the "free" stuff they give away on Extreme Makeover Home Edition), they can afford to give you free delivery. Bitch and bitch, and bitch some more.

noricum said...

I did tell the rebate center that the salesperson had said I qualified, but that didn't help.

I'll try calling the local Sears manager tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice!

noricum said...

Oh... and I already have the dishwasher.

I knew there was a possibility that I might not get the rebate when I bought the dishwasher, because the "price matching" brought the price below that needed for the rebate. However, the sales guy had managed to ring it up so that I was charged the full amount, and then refunded for the price-match difference.