You know, I think I'm going to rip these out tonight.
I had measured the cuffs of a sweater I like, and those cuffs worked out to 54 stitches at the given gauge. As the pattern is written, the largest kid-sized Weasley starts out with 50 stitch cuffs in a smaller needle, then increases to 60 right after the cuff.
I wasn't sure how much the smaller needle was going to affect the gauge, and since the sweater I like has quite loose cuffs, I figured it would be fine.
When I tried the cuffs on last night, they were snug but not tight. I'm more of a "loose cuff" person, but I figured these would be okay.
However, I was thinking just now... I really like pushing my cuffs up to near my elbows, and snug cuffs would probably be too tight for that.
Maybe I'll put one on scrap yarn to see what it will be like. I really didn't like doing the first row after the cast on, so I'd rather not do it again unless necessary. However, it's better to rip now, than after I've finished the sleeves.