Sunday, September 18, 2005

Current Sock Project

Current Sock Project
Current Sock Project

There is a slight problem with my current sock project... after winding the ball of Knit Picks Colour Your Own sock yarn, it didn't want to go in my sock project bag.

So I started the sock, to try making the ball smaller:
Butterfly Stripe Socks

The ball is still a tight fit, so I'll need to keep taking it out for a bit while working on the sock.

I'm loving these butterflies... Jess, what do you think so far?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh! they look great! you're getting a matched pair, right? :)

noricum said...

No, I thought I'd send you a single sock. You have a peg-leg, right? ;) (Oooo! I worked in "peg-leg" on "talk like a pirate day"!)

Of course they'll be matched. At least, they'll be the same dimensions, and the stripes will be in the same places. The butterflies will probably be different colours, because I don't plan on lining up where I start in the colour repeat... the repeat in Koigu is short enough that it shouldn't be that noticeable.

Anonymous said...

heh! i meant YOU'll have a matching pair yourself (with the other Koigu). :)

though speaking of mismatched socks:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/09/miss.match/index.html

noricum said...

Doh! (Smacks forehead!)

Yep, I'll have a pair that matches... although with the purple-green rather than the blue-red. ;)

noricum said...

Neat article... I think I've seen those socks. :)