Friday, September 02, 2005

Aid

There is major budget belt tightening around here, given I'll be living off my savings this term. This doesn't leave me in a position where I feel able to donate money to aid organizations. However, they were mentioning on the news tonight that the Red Cross has a blood shortage with this latest disaster. If there's a blood drive on campus next week, I plan to donate. I *can* afford to spare some blood. Plus, I'm one of the vampire's favourite flavours. ;)

I checked the Blood Donation Eligibility Guidelines, and amazingly, with all my screwy medical conditions, I am allowed to donate.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Good for you! My husband (O+, their very favorite) is going in first thing tomorrow to donate. I'd do it too, but they're afraid I might be a mad cow (even though I was a vegetarian when I lived in England). Oh well, I'll find another way to help. There's as many ways to do something good as there are people looking to help.

KelliAmanda said...

I may try to donate, even though I usually can't when I try. But, we shall see. I'm a quick bleeder and have good veins, so the phlebotomists love me.

Also - are we still having ice cream on Monday? That's a small donation to katrina relief, even if a yummy way of doing it.