Saturday, September 10, 2005

One Big Ass Crayon (TM)

Red Crayon
Red Crayon

I present to you the first Big Ass Crayon (TM) for my baby blanket in progress, to be named the Big Ass Crayon Blanket (TM). All you concerned parents... don't worry... I won't tell the lucky parents-to-be what the blanket is called. ;)

The colour didn't come out that great in this photo... I wonder if it's because my battery needs charging?

I've also discovered that the BAC works reasonably well as a scarf... it could be a bit longer, but it's quite decent.

Sandnes Smart, however, is definitely not merino wool. Oh well... I think it'll be soft enough, and maybe it'll last longer.

I had calculated the crayon size to use two balls of the main colour, and half a ball of the charcoal. I was concerned that I wouldn't have enough of the main colour to finish the crayon. It turns out my worries were completely misplaced:

Yarn

Plenty of main colour left over, but nowhere near half a ball of charcoal. Looks like I'll be ordering more charcoal... it doesn't bother me too much, however, because there's another site (Beehive Wool) with Smart at slightly higher cost, but with a much better orange than the colour I bought at Ram Wools. I think I'll splurge on the extra orange, and relegate the really reddish orange to my wool afghan (which already looks like a mish-mash, and a bit of orange probably won't make it any worse).

3 comments:

Daph said...

LMAO, that IS a big ass crayon, but it looks sooooooooooo cool. I can't wait to see what it's going to look like all put together.

sara said...

Love the big ass crayon! It's going to be a great blanket and I can't wait to see the finished product.

Anonymous said...

that looks great! I love it! can't wait to see the next crayons... :)