Saturday, September 17, 2005

Fleece Artist Socks

Fleece Artist Socks
Fleece Artist Socks

I love the colour of these socks, and the way the green made a spiral. I tried them on briefly, and I think they'll be really comforatble. It would have been nice had they been somewhat longer, but that's how far the yarn went.

The yarn is lovely, but has the occasional slub. Most of them I ignored, but there was a big, 4" one that I had to cut out. I don't know if I got a bad skein, or if this is standard for Fleece Artist.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look great!

Any thought to maybe doing some trim at the top in another yarn? (since I know you like taller socks) :)

hi, i'm natalie said...

Very snazzy! I love the way that yarn worked up.

Deneen said...

I adore the colorway of those-nice. Is Fleece Artist a yarn that is found easily?????? I really, really want to do some socks this year and so far the only yarn I have found around here in stores is: Magic Stripes. I have two balls to start a pair, but would love to branch out to other, nicer yarns.

noricum said...

I bought the yarn at www.simplysockyarn.com

I thought about doing a trim in a different yarn, but this FA yarn is so different than any of the other sock yarns I have, that I thought it would feel funny. I prefer longer socks, but they'll be fine this length.

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely! A 4" slub though, that sounds huge!