Monday, September 12, 2005

Yellow Crayon in Progress

Yellow Crayon in Progress
Yellow Crayon in Progress

I started the yellow crayon tonight. I just love this yellow! The black stripes make me think of bumble bees, but I don't care. ;)

I forgot to mention... on the red crayon, I actually made a small goof. Or two. I meant to do seven rows of red between the charcoal stripe and starting the point, but I only did four. I decided to leave it that way... the crayon was already longer than intended (my swatch was too small to correctly estimate the row gauge), and I had already cut and firmly woven in the end of the yarn before I noticed. in order to get the stripes to line up, this means I'll have a bit of the back of the crayon extending into the "point zone", but this'll be fine... I think. I hope.

Oh... and Weasley's front is now ready for me to start up each side of the neck. However, I'm not sure about the neck hole... will I be making it big enough? I originally planned to leave it the same size as the largest child size (figuring at some point out heads stop growing with our waistlines), but I've got a large head. I'm not sure the 82 stitches will be sufficient. I'm going to have to ask the other Weasley knitters to see if they know how "roomy" the neck is, and whether I should make adjustments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these crayons. Your blanket is such a neat idea.

Sallie

LadyLinoleum said...

Lookin' good!

XXX said...

Nice blog keep up the good work!
Andy