Sunday, September 04, 2005

As I enter the era of modern convenience

New Dishwasher
New Dishwasher

Isn't my new dishwasher nice? Here's what it looks like inside:

New Dishwasher (inside)

Well, first thing to do is test it. Here's Friday's dirty dishes sitting on the counter:

Dirty Dishes

And here they are in the dishwasher:

Loaded Dishwasher

Look! A clean counter! A formerly rare sight around here:

Clean Counter

The dishwasher even came with a sample of detergent, saving me from having to rush out late at night:

Dish Detergent Sample

After dinner on Saturday, the first test:

Dishwasher in Action

Voila, clean dishes! Amazing!

Speaking of Saturday's dinner, I had a rather interesting conversation with myself during its prep:

La, la, la, I think I'll make my shrimp pasta. Yum! And I don't have to worry about the dishes! Yay! ... La, la, la, time to do the garlic. First chop the ends off the cloves... here's the knife... now, do I use a cutting board, or chop on the counter? Chopping on the counter is bad for the knife and the counter. But I hate washing cutting boards! Andrea! Remember the dishwasher! Yay! But wooden cutting boards probably shouldn't go in the dishwasher? Andrea! Use those big plastic chopping mats! But I hate washing those chopping mats! Andrea! Dishwasher! Yay! La, la, la...

4 comments:

Jewels said...

woooooooooooooooo, the dishwasher in YOUR place - a woman's best friend!!

Deneen said...

The best thing you could have ever bought. You will enjoy cooking so much more knowing that little baby is there for the mess!!!! Congrats!

CraftyCritter said...

Wow, a real life dishwasher!
Glad to know Im not the only one who talks to themselves...

LG said...

Ha ha ha! You made me laugh! But it's true: the dishwasher is a woman's must!