Thursday, September 01, 2005

Funding Fiasco

The issue of funding still isn't resolved... I just checked wtih my advisor, and he said the list sent out yesterday was wrong. Especially given that the project I'm listed as an RA for has no money left in the grant. He is looking into partially funding me so that health insurance will be taken care of, but did say I should be planning on funding myself. (Good thing I didn't go out and splurge on Noro Silk Garden last night! ;) )

I'm not conciously stressing over this issue, but I think I may be subconciously. Yesterday I couldn't concentrate, so I went and chatted with Kelli. This morning I woke up with a half dozen brand-spanking-new, near-bursting zits. (The zits are now red marks on my forehead... I admit it... I'm a zit-squisher.)

I was joking about those zits with my advisor just now, and he suggested maybe I wasn't getting enough chocolate. Hmmm... that's a definite possibility... I haven't been eating chocolate chip cookies this week, and so my chocolate intake is near zero: I don't like most cheap American chocolate, and the expensive stuff bites me in the pocketbook. I cut out the chocolate chip cookies because something in them was giving me heartburn at night, plus the whole weight issue.

Now... the question is... do I go out and splurge a bit on some chocolate?

No comments: