Saturday, April 23, 2005

Unbridled Optimism Remix

Hmmm... there's some good looking summer goals over at Learning Curves. I'll take #1, but on my dissertation topic rather than a new problem. I prefer Scrabble with Delgatty rules, so I'll never achieve, nor want to achieve, #2. Substitute #3 with catching up on my stack of bedtime reading (need to return books belonging to others). That, and reading the Matroid book I've been renewing for over a year now. (I'll read it one of these days... if nothing else, it's telling the math library that matriod books are popular. :P ) Although I'd love to tackle something like #4, I rent... so I don't think my landlords would be too pleased with me. #5 with somewhat different numbers... I'll be happy if I ever make it back down to 129. Skip #6, or replace it with reading some interesting papers. And my favourite is #7:
Knit and crochet enough to cause the derivative of my yarn stash to become negative -- or at the very least, to get the second derivative to become negative.

I might as well add a vague #8: get lots and lots done on my dissertation.

My goal with Helen is to finish our next red-black tree paper. We're getting close, so it should be possible. :) (Yes, another publication that I can't use as part of my dissertation.)

4 comments:

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

I just had to post a comment cause I LOVE sheep (seriously, I am obsessed) & you have one on your profile! You ROCK!!!!

noricum said...

Thanks! :) Both my sheep and Yarn Tomato's sheep are at the Crochetville CafePress store, if you're interested. ;)

Daph said...

That's so awesome, Andrea, I didn't know you had your stuff at CafePress! That rocks! :)

noricum said...

Thanks Daphne! I'm not actually making any money off it... I don't want to get kicked out of the country... but this way I can buy myself something with my sheep on it. :))