Saturday, April 09, 2005

Hello

Hello! :) I've been having a pretty good weekend so far. Of course, that may have something to do with the fact that I still haven't started my taxes... um... but, I did do my laundry and bake my pita bread!

Last night Kelli came over and we watched Hidalgo. I've been wanting to see that. It was pretty good, although it could have been a bit better. I loved the horse. I was going to hook up my snazzy new sneakers for the movie, but then discovered the one cable they *didn't* include was the one that hooks up to the TV. Not only that, but my TV is too cheap to have sound out. however, the DVD/VCR combo does have sound out... so I can use my speakers with it. :)

I picked up the cable today, and also a few treats at a Southern Season. I bought some nice cheese, some garlic stuffed olives, and some fancy chocolate bars that were on sale. I like to bring some nice chocolate to my prof in Winnipeg... we use chocolate to fuel our research. ;) I bought some semi dark, dark (65%), and darker (70%) chocolate. It was funny... the sales checkout lady was telling me how good they were, and how they melt in your mouth. That's a difference between American and Canadian "ordinary chocolate"... Canadian ordinary chocolate melts in your mouth. Russel Stover down here is good... but I only ever buy it when their bunnies go on sale after easter. ;) I currently have one of those in the freezer, and one in the process of being consumed. Russell Stover bunnies melt in your mouth too. :) Oh... and back to SS, I picked up one more treat for myself. I wanted to get a Crunchie bar, since I had been telling Kelli about them, but they didn't have any. However, they did have a "honeycomb" Aero. I've never had that variety before! Unfortunately, Kelli, I couldn't wait until Monday. Sorry! It's really good though... almost like a cross between a Crunchie bar and an Aero. It's basically a big chunky Aero, but with crunchie stuff just above the bubble area. Mmmmmm! And only twice the price I would have paid in Canada. ;) (It was $1.70 US... what's a chocolate bar cost in Canada these days?)

I was going to get a copy of Easy Knitting at the bookstore, but they didn't have it. They only had *one* knitting/crochet magazine: Vogue Knitting. Of course, it was a kind of small bookstore. I forgot to check if bookbookbook was there. I'd like to get a copy of that too. ;)

The rest of today I spent doing laundry and baking pita bread... and avoiding my taxes. I was naughty and avoided taxes by watching a bad movie I borrowed from the front office (selection was lousy today) and working on my blue Regia Cotton socks. I got the first sock to about the length I wanted, and then weighed it. I'm using over half my yarn! And it was on the short end of what I wanted! Yikes! I've ripped it back a bit to remove some of the leg increases. They weren't *really* necessary. Unfortunately, I still don't think I'll have enough. Does anyone have any leftover Regia Cotton in colours 50 or 54? (Two shades of blue.) Or maybe in a colour that will coordinate? I could put a different colour stripe along the top. I have scraps of cotton sock yarn (not Regia), but nothing that'll coordinate with these blues. :P So, right now I *definitely* like Lang Jawoll Cotton better. Grrr. I think, for now, I'll wind the remainder of the sock yarn around the first sock, and start the second sock from the other ends. That way I'll be able to figure out the exact center, and not have any waste. I can just see the knots I'll get, though. :P

Well, it's late, and I *really* need to wash my dishes. I haven't washed them since last Monday... I've made it this long because Tuesday-Thursday I ate out for dinner (SNB, microwave at school, MUG meeting with free pizza). However, now I need to wash dishes so that I have clean dishes for breakfast. :P

Hmmm... I need to make my bed too. Maybe I'll start that while I run the water to get it hot. My apartment is kind of far from the water heater for this block. :P

I hope you're having a nice weekend too, and don't forget those taxes! ;)

4 comments:

pfirsch said...

I was going to hook up my snazzy new sneakers for the movie

Can we just say that I was a bit "confused" at first...? ;)

Anonymous said...

I have some leftover Regia cotton striped blue in... pacific surf color... but I'm not sure that will work.

Daph said...

Sounds like you had all kinds of fun on your shopping trip! Still haven't seen Hidalgo, but thanks for reminding me. Maybe we'll rent that tonight. :)

Taxes suck. I'm glad we got ours out of the way awhile ago. Yuck.

noricum said...

What, you mean you don't hook up your sneakers for better reception? Just kidding. ;) Um, I blame the fact that I was *really* tired while writing that post. Although it appears I can spell even when I can't think. :P It must be because I touch type... and my typing teacher tried to teach me that I can type much faster if the words go straight from the eyes to the fingers without passing through the brain. My problem with that class is I kept trying to *think*. I guess the thinking is wearing off. ;) Of course, here I was trying to type what I was thinking, not what I was reading.

Jess: Thanks for the offer! I'll think about it. I'm starting to lean towards buying a second ball of the light blue, and just having a wide light blue stripe at the top. The colours in pacific surf would match, but I think they might look a little funny switching stripe patterns. A wide light blue stripe would fit, because the toe and heel are both light blue.