Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Blimey

I've got 10 WIPs, counting the one in limbo! Yikes! Time to finish some of these off! Of course, two of these are "boomerang" fix-er-uppers... but still. I probably should have been good and not started another pair of socks for me this morning... but I wasn't.

Interesting note on the Regia Cotton sock yarn I'm using: the two colours of blue are quite different thicknesses. I guess my striped socks will be textured. ;) I wonder what this'll mean on the yardage... I'm thinking I should do both the heel and toe in the lighter, thinner blue, on the chance that the darker, thicker blue has less yardage. Other note on Regia Cotton: it's "splittier" than Lang Jawoll Cotton.

And I've finally figured out how to add a progress bar for a secret project I'm working on... simply call it a secret project! I got the idea from Trish's WIP post. Thanks Trish. ;)

Here's the turquoise socks I finished last night:

I ♥ how the stripes worked out! I used two different but similar variegated yarns. I got a subtle stripe, and also no pooling. :) I'm wearing them today, even though the high is supposed to be 83, and they're wool. Hmmm... must finish more cotton socks for myself!

Speaking of cotton socks, I broke down and ordered a bunch more yarn from Elann. *sigh*, I can see my yarn diet is going as well as my diet diet. (My scale broke the bad news this morning... I'm the heaviest I've ever been!) Anyway, I bought some (hopefully) nice cotton/nylon blend sock yarn, enough to make two tank tops and coordinating socks, and also two balls of this superwash merino, which I'll test out in my wool blanket. The available colours weren't very exciting, but it's cheaper than the Filatura di Crosa. I was also wondering how it compared to the Emu Superwash.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the socks! :)

I'll have to check my balls of regia cotton to see if they're different weights. One is the surf colors and one is regular regia cotton, so hmm... (surf colors wasn't very splitty, though I find the (wool) regia 6 ply to split a fair amount).

Jewels said...

socks are still on mt WIM list. Yours look great - I like the color. Let us know how the new Elann superwash wool is!!