Friday, April 22, 2005

Friday

Rain, rain, come my way,
please don't wait another day!

Yay!!!! It just started! :)) I'll have to try that chant more often. ;)

Allergies are bothering me more today... I was sneezing at work, so I skipped changing into my alter-ego, and came home looking (relatively) normal. I could feel all the grit in the air trying to get in my eyes. :P

I got the call from the mattress company, and they'll be here sometime between noon and 3... which is nice for sleeping in, but not for going out and running errands, since the busses stop before 6. It would be fine if I just wanted to catch one bus, but I'd like to head over to Lowes (two busses) and stop at Wellspring & the Cotton Boll (for buttons) on the way home. That means I either need to get up early and be back by noon (ick), or hope the mattress people come early, and risk the chance I'll have to walk home. Hmmm... my library books are due tomorrow... I can't put off my trip, and have yet another stop to make. :P

I ordered extra yarn to finish off the blue cotton socks. I ordered a second ball of the light blue, with the intention of just not finishing off the dark blue stripes up the legs of both socks. The yarn arrived today. I knew it wasn't going to be the same dye lot, but the difference is annoying. Not only is it a slightly different shade of blue, but it's a different thickness. Even according to the label! Still a 50g ball, but 225m instead of 200m. *sigh* I guess I might as well give it a try...

Still to do: Canadian taxes (yuck, but *need* to be done! soon!!!), and Sockapalooza pal socks redo. (I'm sorry... I still haven't touched them. :( I'll try to get a bunch done on them this weekend.)

Hmmm... rain stopped after a light smattering... I hope it rains some more! I want that pollen washed out! I think a good rain will do it, because I noticed the pollen-producing pods have fallen off the oaks, so we just need to wash the air. Then I'll find out what other trees I'm allergic to. ;)

I felt a bit glum on my way home from work, but I'm feeling okay now.

That reminds me... in the category of "weirdos like to talk to me", I have another entry. Some guy started talking to me on the way home... he said something like he noticed that I had that extremely contagious (something something) disorder: lack of a smile. I was kind of grimacing at the time because my allergies were annoying me, and I was feeling glum. I couldn't decide if he was a nice person noticing my distress, or just another of those weirdos that like to talk to me. I said something and quickly walked on to catch the bus, since it was due soon. Maybe my belief that only weirdos talk to me is self-fulfilling? Since I believe only weirdos talk to me, I assume that anyone talking to me is a weirdo? I do know that there have been some definite weirdos, but maybe I misunderstood some of the normal people?

My wrist is a bit tender, but not yet painful, so I'm not going to work on my LB Homespun throw for a while. Stupid yarn.

I think I'll go back to reading my good book that's due tomorrow. Hmmm... I wonder if the Chapel Hill library allows online renewals? That would cut down on the number of stops I have...

2 comments:

~drew emborsky~ said...

What kind of commenters do you attract? =b

noricum said...

Luckily the commenters seem to be nice, fairly normal people. Or, at least, have compatable weirdnesses. ;)

Hey Drew, why is it that Blogger never tells me when you comment? It tells me about everyone else...