Monday, April 18, 2005

Determination & Decluttering

Another Snowflake Monday that I didn't make a snowflake. This time, however, I have a new excuse. My RSI isn't acting up. I didn't forget. No, this time I was determined to use the time to attempt to declutter my coffee table. The main problem with decluttering my coffee table is that it's filled with WIPs, most of which require quite a bit of time before they'll be FOs. One project, though, doesn't need a lot of time, just some calculations and dealing with guilt and frustration. That's making some stitch swatch squares into RAOK squares. Here's the story: A while back I made some squares to try out some different stitches, using some leftover yarn. I intended to make a lapghan, even though I didn't really want or need one. It was just a way to try out some stitches, and use up some leftover yarn. (This was back before I aquired a "stash".) However, I stopped working on the project because I had other more interesting projects, and this was just a "use up leftover" project. Enter RAOK... several people asked for squares for afghans. Ah ha! A way to say "have a nice day" and deal with these squares. :) However, none of the squares were the same size, and also none were the size that people had listed on their wishlists. No problem... I'd just add a border to each. About a month or so back I tried adding a border to one square... and discovered I was completely incompetent at picking up stitches, and making rectangular blocks into proper sized squares. For a while, I thought that I would just send the squares they way they were, with extra yarn to edge them. However, I felt bad doing that... like I didn't think enough of the person to try to edge the squares. So they sat on my coffee table. Well, tonight I was determined to deal with them. I actually managed three squares! Here they are:

They're not perfect, but they're a lot better than the first time I tried. :) I have five left:

I really hope the recipient likes them! Hopefully I'll finish these off soon, and get them off my coffee table!!! I'll be sending the remaining yarn, too, in case they want more matching squares. ;)

Updates on today's stories:
1. Goggles and mask worked great! I had a bit of residual allergy reaction from yesterday's pollen overexposure, but I was almost normal today! (Well, ignoring my exceedingly unusual appearance.) I may be the dorkiest geek around, but I'm a happy dorky geek. :)
2. I've got half a sidewalk. I'm not sure what's up, but I'm about three squares short of a walk. Maybe the elves will come back tomorrow. My neighbours all got completed walks. Mine was the only partial. (I guess I've been a bad girl this year.)
3. Boy Washie works! No idea why he was misbehaving before, but he is working now. :) I *like* clean laundry. (Um, but I'm not that fond of folding clean laundry.)

Well, I should go and try to get some of my Canadian taxes done. (No, I still need to do them!)

No comments: