Saturday, April 30, 2005

Dustin' an' Sweepin' an' Moppin' an' Cleanin'

Wheee. Yay me. I dusted, swept, and mopped my bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, and hallway! Yay!!! Although I dust and sweep periodically, I think this is the first time I've mopped some of those rooms since I moved in here. Whew! And it only took me about 2.5 hours for all that. Now I just need to do my livingroom/dining room and office. They're going to be a bit more of a pain, because there's more stuff to mop around. :P

Mopping sure is hot work! Am I the only one who thinks skivvies is appropriate attire for mopping? Ah, one of the benefits of living alone! ;)

Nothing else exciting to report: I spent the whole night cleaning. I still need to make my bed and fold my laundry, but I think I'll start by having an nice cool shower. However, I need to put the shower curtain back up first. :P I ran it through the wash with some bleach to kill any mildew trying to grow on it.

Did you know you can put plastic shower curtains in the washing machine? Yes you can! Don't put them in the dryer, though. :P

My room smells like lemon oil. Not only did I mop my bedroom floor, but I oiled my two nightstands. They're actually nesting tables that I bought at Ten Thousand Villages. They're some sort of wood from India with inlaid brass. They're really pretty... although they have a few dings. That's how I could afford both of them. My grandma sent me some birthday money, and when I went shopping, they had been marked down multiple times. :) I don't mind a few dings in order to be able to afford beautiful tables! The dings aren't too noticable. However, one of the tables (the larger of the two) seems to suck up the lemon oil like it's going out of style... and a few days after I oil it, it looks like I need to oil it again! I'm not sure if there's something wrong with the finish, or if I just need to reach it's saturation point. Anyone have any ideas? The small table stays nice looking for *much* longer.

Well, I should go play with my shower curtain, shower, make my bed, and then go to sleep. Good night! :)

No comments: