Monday, April 25, 2005

Monday

Tonight's Not-A-Snowflake Monday was spent washing dishes (so I could eat dinner), making a nice version of my taxes to mail (because I wasn't going to pay for software to do them online... stupid Revinue Canada... why do I need to use some comercial tax software?!? Just give me a plain form where I can type in all the numbers from my paper return!), and frogging half a sock. That sock just didn't want to go, and really held onto those stitches! I've been avoiding this sock... and it's mate, and the other pair, all of whom went to the same person... only to discover I made the ankles too small. I wasn't crazy about the socks in the first place... they were *completely* plain. Doing them *again* was not something I was looking forward to. And, so, being the procrastinator that I am, put off frogging them for two weeks. Bad me. But now I'm redeeming myself by getting to them. I should have finished them by now and sent them back, but I'll go easy on myself. Any progress is better than none. (Sorry Alison... I hope you don't mind the wait too much! I'll try to pick up speed!)

Having started the frogging process, I'm feeling better enough to admit that I had two moments of weaknesses lately... (1) I ordered more sock yarn (at the same time I ordered the additional ball of Regia Cotton to finish off a pair in progress), and then (2) I *started* yet another pair of socks. I haven't put them on the sidebar, because I felt a little embarrased that I had started yet another pair. But they're pretty colours, and self striping, and starting them didn't require any decisions to be made, like where exactly to place the ankle increases, etc. This weekend I needed some simple socks to take with me on my errands, because I really didn't want to do ankle planning on the bus. But tomorrow evening I'll do ankle planning, and that way will have plenty of UFO socks to take on the bus to work on my UFO pledge. ;)

This latest pair of socks are more Meilenweit cotton socks, in pretty pink, blue, turquoise, and lime. I'm calling them my Easter egg socks. They're so cheerful, it's hard to be mad at myself for starting such a fun pair. ;)

Well, time to crawl into my wonderful new bed. Sleep tight!

No comments: