Monday, April 25, 2005

Perking Up

update: just fixed typo in quote.

I seem to be perking up. I managed to work through a sleepy period earlier this afternoon... I would put my head down on my hands, and whenever I had come up with another pro or con for the two methods, I would put my glasses on and type it up. I actually did manage to come up with a decent number of pros and cons. :)

Now I'm making some forward progress on a paper by Asimow and Roth. My brain seems to be working pretty well, but I'm going to bookmark the sentence "since rank $df=k$ near $x_0$, $\partial{f_2}/\partial{x_2}=0$ near $x_0$" and come back to it. I think understanding the "why" of this sentence is important to another thing I'm working on. Right now I'm just happy I figured out other parts of the matroid. I do have a general intuition... that there "isn't enough stuff", but I'd like to understand it well enough that I can use a similar sentence in a proof of my own.

Well, I think I'll take a break and e-file my taxes. Wheeee. :P

;)

3 comments:

~drew emborsky~ said...

Congrats on perking up and getting those taxes filed!! What a relief that will be. :)

Jewels said...

wooooo - I recognize another LaTeX user, hehe

noricum said...

Taxes almost filed... it turns out I'd have to buy software to file online, so I'll be checking out the mailing options tomorrow. :P

Yep... now why doesn't html have great math formatting instructions?!? It's such a pain whenever I want to write formulas... which happens fairly often. ;)