Monday, April 04, 2005

GISBE!

Yay! I got my GISBE package, and it turns out it's from someone whose blog I read! Cool. :) Kelly, of marmalade.ca, sent me this really nifty loot:

Good thing it arrived before the NC summer heat started... my kit kat didn't melt. :) However, it didn't last long after taking this photo. Mmmmm... Canadian chocolate.

I want to show you a zoomed in shot of one of the magnets:

That's Canadian humour for you. ;) It's funny... I *nearly* bought this magnet on my last trip home, but decided I needed to save my pennies. Thanks Kelly! The other two are cool, too. :))

Oh, and here's some details on the book. The title is "So, You Want to Be Canadian: All about the most fascinating people in the world and the magical place we call home" By Kerry Colburn & Rob Sorensen, illustrations by S. Britt. Here's the text from the back:
Who doesn't dream of being Canadian?

Long known as funny, charming, and peaceable, Canadians are beloved the world over for their enlightened social policies and their willingness to bring the beer. This long overdue celebration of all things Canadian will astound and amaze you.
  • MARVEL at the mysteries of "eh."
  • SWOON over the dreamy list of Canadian hotties.
  • WONDER at the difference between an Ogopogo and a Windigo.
  • DISCOVER how to use hockey terminology in romantic situtations.
  • SING ALONG to Canadian all-time smash hit songs.
  • LEARN how to prepare perfect moose stroganoff.

This essential guide also features amazing Canadian inventions, great moments in Canadian history, a handy Canadian-American translator, and pointers on how to eat, drink, dress, and apologize like a Canadian. If you weren't lucky enough to be born Canadian, this book will prove to you--once and for all--why Canada is so cool (formerly just cold).

I can see myself quoting this book on occasion in my blog. ;)

I'm not actually a coffee drinker, but I shall use the Tim Hortons coffee to educate all my friends down here. ;)

Thanks Kelly! I love my package. :))

3 comments:

noricum said...

Ah, yes, I was wondering what I'd use the cute tin for! That's perfect. :)

Zarzuela said...

OMG! I need to get a copy of that book! LOL!! :)

Jessica

http://zarzuela.blogspot.com

Jewels said...

life doesn't get any better than Timmy's coffee and a KitKat!! mmmmmmmm