Sunday, July 17, 2005

Weekend Update

I had a pretty nice weekend. I didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but not bad.

I didn't knit on Weasley on Friday... my CT was bothering me on Friday, enough to make it painful to work. Having hobbies is fine, but not when they cut into the "day job". I read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone instead. Well, I started reading it. I'm not a speed reader... I like enjoying what I read.

Saturday and Sunday I did work on Weasley, but only with a very relaxed wrist. It was slow, but didn't cause pain. I actually did finish 5% each day, and so now have 24% done.

I did my laundry on Saturday, but was very lax about changing the loads, and so didn't finish until late. I washed my dishes too! (Yay me!) I started to make pita bread, but then realized I was out of frozen milk. (I don't drink milk, so I froze up a pint in 1/3rd cup portions for pita bread. For some reason, they don't sell 1/3rd cup sized servings at the store. Strange.) I was going to do my grocery shopping on Saturday (since I couldn't bake pita bread), but while I was washing dishes a Disney movie came on TV. Since it was one I hadn't seen, I watched it while washing dishes and eating dinner. Being a Disney movie, I figured it would be over fairly early, so I decided to finish watching it before going grocery shopping. It didn't finish until 11pm. What kind of nut schedules a *kid's* movie to end at 11pm?!? Sheesh. Although the grocery stores are open 24 hours, I don't like shopping when it gets too late. :P

I figured I'd get up early and do my grocery shopping before Suzanne came over on Sunday, since my mom had already made her regular weekly call on Friday. (She's gone to the lake for a bit, and so rescheduled her regular call.) However, with late laundry, and reading HP until, um, 2am(?), I didn't end up waking up until nearly 11am! Um, okay, I guess I won't go grocery shopping Sunday morning. I suppose I *could* have, but that would have meant rushing around on a Sunday morning. Sunday mornings weren't meant for rushing around. (Unless I'm at a conference. But then it's not really a Sunday morning.)

Suzanne and I had fun. She gave me a really neat OWC Leprechaun ornament she bought at Busch Gardens, then she sketched and I knit. Suzanne took me grocery shopping (thanks again!), which saved me from trudging to the store and back in oppressive heat. Um, well, it would have, had I remembered the milk I needed for my pita bread. (Oops!)

After I got back from my *second* grocery shopping trip (dripping with sweat... it was icky out today!), another friend came over and treated me to pizza, since I had helped her assemble her furniture. Mmmmm! Thanks! (I'm having a pretty lucky day today!)

After dinner I was stuffed, so I put in one of the movies I had borrowed. And, um, now it's 11pm, and I still haven't made my pita bread. Oops. However, I do have enough for another couple days, so I'll just have to whip up my pita bread tomorrow.

Well, I should go to bed now. I want to get lots of work done on my dissertation tomorrow, to make up for not doing any this weekend.

No comments: