Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Lunchtime Ramblings

Note to self: banging your knuckles with a rubber mallet (or was it the regular hammer? I forget) hurts, and leaves a boo-boo that hurts when typing. Hit the grommet tool, not your knuckles.

Shower curtain works great! It hung straight down, no billowing, and not a droplet of water escaped to the other side! It got wet, of course. I'll check it tonight to see that it dried out okay. Best thing: no "new vinyl" smell!

Speaking of smells, I stopped in the front office yesterday to let them know my place was smelling a bit mildewy. I can't see anything to spray with Chlorox, and part of the lease agreement is that we both promise to work on the mold... I do my best to prevent it, and they take care of what I can't discourage. I had to wait several minutes while V was on the phone, but she was very sympathetic when she took down my work order. (Sympathy is the *one* thing they manage to get right. I think they're hired on their ability to sympathize, not on their actual effectiveness.)

I got home last night to discover a maintenance guy had already been there. I do give them an A+ for promptness. However, their service rates a D. Here's what C wrote as his response on the work order:
- no visible evidence of mildew noted
- noticed a slight musty odor
- try using an air freshener periodically.
My response to V this morning:
- if the mildew had been visible, I would have sprayed it with Chorox
- that musty odour is the mildew (or mold... which is equally bad) that I was complaining about
- (a) I am allergic to air fresheners, and (b) all they do is *mask* the problem, not solve it!
V said she'd send R out this time, who apparently has some training do deal with mold. I doubt he'll be any more effective than C, but it's worth a shot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to have a canvas shower curtain. I liked it because when it got nasty, I could throw it in the washer with bleach and it came out great. I hope yours works as well.

The mold/mildew is definitely a problem. I hope they are able to resolve it for you soon.

Sallie