Monday, July 11, 2005

Snowflake Monday

Snowflake #5
Snowflake #5

Well wil you look at that! A snowflake on Monday!

No lurex tonight... I didn't feel like that much of a fight with itty bitty thread. I almost didn't make a snowflake. But, I chose the simplest looking one in the book, and survived.

I followed the instructions exactly, but instead of being 2" across, it's only 1" across, and I have no idea how I'll convince it to lie flat.

Maybe that's why I have such a tough time with snowflakes... I crochet too tight.

Well... the way it is, it looks like a rather pretty flower, so maybe I'll leave it with it's petals curled up. I could even construct a yellow center for it.

We'll see. ;)

I finished another 2% on Weasley tonight... up to an exciting 4% now! Whee. I know I'm not going to finish any time soon, but I think I'll make this Weasley week, since the next book is due out on Friday. I'm going to try to manage at least 2% on Weasley each night. (That's 4 cm times 120 stitches... so about 1440 stitches per night, given my row gauge.) That should be doable, and leave me with at least 12% of Weasley by the end of Friday night. (Hmmm... still not wearable, but I knew that. ;) )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's amazing what you can do with a bit of water and pins and board! I crochet tightly, too, but somehow manage to block things into submission most of the time. :)

I try not to think about the number of stitches... (though klara has many fewer stitches)!