Sunday, July 24, 2005

Needle felting

Needle felting
Needle felting

I had some more needle felting fun again this evening. I converted two test swatches... one into a "coaster" (since it was about that size), and the other into a silly Christmas tree ornament.

The red fellow was from a larger piece that I cut up. When I made it I tested three different stitches (sc, hdc, dc), and used brown thread to separate the areas. I didn't know what to do with a red swatch with brown lines, so I cut it up into three skinny red swatches, and re-felted to make the cut edges less noticeable. I was going for a "folk-art santa"... he's a bit silly, but I think I like him anyway.

I'm going to add the coaster to the multi-part present I'm giving grandma S. I think she'll really like it. I hope. I would give it to my mom, but I think I'd rather make her a set if I gave her coasters, rather than a single one that didn't match anything. Since grandma S lives alone, a single coaster works just fine. ;) (I don't have any more of the purple yarn.)

I was going to start my 3D angora goat kit tonight too, but didn't have time after washing dishes. I decided I needed to be a good girl and wash my massive pile of dirty dishes. Now I need to be a good girl and go to bed right away... I want to get up early so I can make it in to work before the heat gets too bad. This week is supposed to be even worse than last week! Apparently this is the hottest July in about 15 years! Yuck!!!

Other news for today: I finished another pair of toe socks (green-purple koigu), and watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Suzanne and K. Bizarre movie! Johnny Depp is such a *great* actor. Little Charlie was magnificent too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both of these are really neat. I love the Santa, so cute.

Sallie

Anonymous said...

The little red one is so cute!