Sunday, July 10, 2005

Weasley Sheds

This weekend was pretty fun. I spent a bunch of it reading... Covenants, by Lorna Freedman. Quite enjoyable! It's a fairly typical fantasy... magic, dragons, etc, but Lorna has quite a sardonic sense of humour that I enjoyed.

I took a short trip over to the local "mall" on Saturday (it's kind of a puny mall, but has a few neat stores), because they were having their "hot diggity dog days," and the local animal shelter was going to bring out dogs for adoption. I don't want to adopt... at least, not at this time (I still need to check with my allergist), but I figured it was a good opportunity to get a few puppy kisses. ;) They only had two puppies, one of which was sleeping, and the other had enough kids crowded around it that I didn't want to ask the lady to take it out so I could hold it. However, I did get a few nibbles on my fingers through the cage. ;) I browsed the sidewalk sale at the mall, and bought a package of 25 postcards for $2.50. I thought I'd send out some postcard RAOKs. The postcards are rather odd (it was that kind of store), so I need to decide which of them I want to send out. Anyone want a postcard of MC Hammer? (That's the only one I'm fairly sure I can't think of an opportunity to use.)

I managed to get all my chores done on Saturday as well... this weekend is a light weekend: just laundry and grocery shopping. However, the book was good enough that I didn't get to bed until 2am. Oops! Must get to bed earlier tonight! It shouldn't be too hard... I finished the book around 3 this afternoon. ;)

S didn't come over. She didn't e-mail that she wasn't (we get together fairly regularly, but always confirm whether we are), so I guess she got caught up in other stuff and forgot to e-mail. That left me with a fairly lazy day. I read the book, washed my dishes (I was several days behind on that...), and restarted Weasley. This is what, the fourth time I've started Weasley? Well, I'm fairly sure that this time will work out... I have plenty of yarn, made a gauge swatch, and measured a sweater that I like the fit of. I worked on Weasley while watching the Bourne Supremacy, borrowed from my apartment complex. (Rating: enjoyable, but I'm not going to go out and buy a copy.) I cast on and did the first few rows before starting the movie. By the end of the movie, I had 4 cm done. By my estimate, that's 2% of Weasley. ;)

Oh... and Weasley sheds. I have little blue fuzzies all over my yellow tank top. Hopefully the first wash will take care of that. If not, I'll just have to remember to wear blue shirts under Weasley. ;)

No comments: