Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Some Luck After All

I caught the 5:50 G bus home so that I wouldn't have to walk far in the heat. (It's like a blast furnace out there!) When I got off the bus, I discovered that Buddy, one of the neighbourhood dogs, was visiting with a golden retriever on the sidewalk in front of my place (their owners were there too). Buddy gives me puppy kisses (even though he's full grown), and the other dog was pretty friendly too. Thanks for reading my mind, Buddy! Thanks also to everyone who sent me online hugs and puppy kisses. :)

Another stroke of luck: I'm not in the part of Chapel Hill and Carrboro that's without power tonight! Sheesh, what a night to be without power! Something about a transformer, a power line, fire, and natural gas... some unplanned fireworks. I don't think anyone was hurt, and Duke Power plans to have the power back on for those people later tonight. I love my AC, and the fact that it's on!

No comments: