Monday, July 11, 2005

Babbling

I'm babbling because I'm desperately trying to stay awake.

Here's a fact you probably don't know about me, and really probably could care less: I obsessively set time on clocks. I can't stand blinking 12:00 displays, etc. So, for example, whenever there's a power failure in the department, I reset the time on all the 3rd floor mircowaves. (These are the only ones I ever see in the department.) This morning I discovered my officemate had brought in a stereo... it was flashing 12:00. It took me about 5 minutes to figure out how (press and hold clock until hour flashes, press ff or rw to adjust hour, press display/enter to switch to minutes, press ff or rw), but now it tells the time. ;)

I also like setting my watch by the official time signal broadcast at noon by CBC. ("At the beginning of the long dash following ten seconds of silence, the time will be exactly 12 noon." I love that time signal.) I haven't found a replacement down here, though, so my watch has been getting less and less accurate. :(

News from Amazon: my copy of Cool Crochet has shipped! Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hate it when someone uses a microwave and pulls it out before it finishes, so it blinks with the time left on the heating up... (I have no idea how to phrase that better). I always hit cancel. Ahhh! :)

noricum said...

The ones around here don't blink, but I do that too. ;)