Tuesday, December 21, 2004

YAY!

Lots of good stuff today:

1. Annie from the calendar loves my sweaters. (Good news for you too Josie... there's now a deadline on me writing up my patterns! ;) )

2. Starting in 2006, cosmetics in Canada will finally have to list ingredients! (This will make it much easier to find shampoo, etc, that I'm not allergic to! Not *easy*, since I'm not entirely sure what I react to, and they'll all keep having fragrance, but it will at least be *easier*.)

3. My family doctor here at home had a look at my moles while I was in, and said there's a very good chance that there's nothing to worry about, although she suspects they might cut one out (to be safe) when I go in to see the dermatologist.

I've made more progress on the scarf (it's now long enough that I can stop any time, but I think I'll keep going for a while), and on my latest pair of socks. I'm close to starting the heel on the first sock of the pair. I was working on the socks while waiting at the doctor's office... I got two people interested, and gave one the URL for the pattern. (The other didn't have a computer.) I think maybe I should start carrying around extra copies of the pattern! ;) (I'll have to check to see what's allowed on the SBC pattern.)

What else is going on? Well, I added to my review and re-sent it. The editor wanted me to make the private comments public, and add a few more details. I'm feeling a bit guilty, since I still have to do my hbonds. Dad and I are going out this afternoon to buy my Christmas present. Dad has a hard time buying surprises... I have to make my wish list very explicit so he knows what to get, and then he goes and tells me what he's buying sometimes. This time I wasn't specific enough, so I we're going out together to pick it out. I wasn't specific because I didn't really know. I've had several people recommend a trackball as being better on carpal tunnel, but I don't know enough about them to know which I want. Tony is coming too, to give his input.

It's actually a bit funny... Dad didn't want to go on the weekend, because of all the other people that would be out. So instead, we're going today. However, we're not planning on leaving until 3:00, so we'll end up hitting rush hour traffic! I don't understand. Oh well... I'm committed to having a relaxed, laid back holiday... and I won't be driving anyway. ;) (I was ready by 12:30, for the record. I phoned at 11:45 after my doctor appointment, and dad said he was just starting his day.)

No comments: