Thursday, December 30, 2004

The Changing Moods of Winter

Well, it's about time I posted some pictures, so my plan is to post some tonight. :)

I had plans to go to a yarn store this afternoon, but that didn't happen. Why? Winter said so. Here's what it looked like outside earlier today:

blizzard_nfblizzard_f

They're actually both taken at the same time... just one is without flash, and the other is with flash. The flash tends to "freeze" the snow, and makes it look much darker than it actually is. For comparison, here's how it looked on Christmas day, nice and sunny:

sunny

and here's some of yesterday's hoar frost:

frost

Today's little blizzard started off this morning with ice pellets, and then reasonably heavy snow. It's still snowing, but also really blowing out now. We postponed the scheduled dinner with friends and relatives tonight too. (The dinner was going to be outside of the city, and we were worried about getting stuck with Bob's mom in the car.) I can tell shovelling tomorrow is going to be lots of fun. ;)

But to warm things up, here's a cute face from yesterday's party:

babyface

One of my friends brought her adorable little boy. He's all smiles... I'm surprised my photos got him when he wasn't smiling.

While I'm managing to get photos up, here's my latest pair of socks, the blue Kroy socks:
socks_bkroy

And here are a few of the wonderful things I got for Christmas:

backpackbackpack2
trackball
seniorseniorita

In that last pair of photos, the little senior and seniorita are different sides of the same ornament. The "background" in the last three photos is my *wonderfully* snuggly new housecoat! :))

Oh... and I keep forgetting to mention... my dad's girlfriend *does* like the scarf. :) Dad says she's been wearing it, and likes it. (I haven't seen her since I gave it to her.)

Okie... I feel better now. Was that enough pictures for you too? ;)

1 comment:

pfirsch said...

I think that will suffice for now... ;)

Oh, I got a new site (even if it's not that spectacular), http://gramma.tiker.net