Thursday, December 23, 2004

Racing Stripe Scarf done!

Coming in just under the wire... the racing stripe scarf! Christmas with my dad is tomorrow afternoon & evening, so I crocheted until 10:00, and declared it done. Think it's long enough?

scarf

(For reference, I'm 5'3".) I'll wrap it tomorrow before I go over.

I got up at a reasonable hour today... around 8 ;) ... but then decided to go back to bed after breakfast. I slept until noon. For some reason, I was ready for bed again tonight by 9.

T, dad, O and I went shopping this afternoon. We went to United Army Surplus and MEC. I found the *perfect* backpack at UAS! It's *really* nice. :)) It was regularly $60, on sale for $40. I'll post a photo of it when I "get it" for Christmas tomorrow. ;) T said I could take it home, but I thought it would be nice to have under the tree... not that my dad has a tree yet. I'm thinking maybe this year we'll just decorate the grapefruit tree. It's nice and big, and sturdy enough to hold ornaments. (I'll post a picture of that too!) That reminds me... I must remember to bring my camera tomorrow night... and maybe I should charge the battery tonight.

Tonight I watched "A bear named Winnie", which my mom had taped for me. It's definitely not a Hollywood film, but it was neat. I never knew that the real Winnie was female. I guess I learned something new today. ;)

Looks like there's not much wind again tonight. I asked my mom, and she wasn't sure if the wind chimes were the Westminster chimes or not... these were ones she got for $30 at an art gallery in BC, and the accurately tuned ones are usually somewhere around $100 or more. Whatever they are, they're beautiful.

No comments: