Thursday, December 23, 2004

Winning streak

I went out to play pool with my dad tonight. (His singles group plays every Wednesday.) I somehow managed to be on the winning team each time. :) I'm not sure how, since I didn't sink that many balls. (However I did sink some... and I think I did pretty good considering this was the fifth time I've played.) Not only that, but I won a prize in the drawing... a gift tin of Crown Royal. Me. Who doesn't drink. (Well, I'll drink some light wine occasionally, but never any hard stuff.) I told my dad I'd wrap it and put it under the tree for him. Dad and Odie didn't win anything in the drawing... but I'm sure they'll enjoy my prize. ;) I may ask dad if I can keep the pretty purple tin it came in. I think I'll let him keep the cute little shot glasses though. It's not like I have a big use for shot glasses. (And he did pay for my ticket. ;) )

Well, I'm off to enjoy the wind chimes as I fall asleep. Not too much wind out there though... it's just bitterly cold. Speaking of which, we've been having some pretty weird weather here since I arrived... we keep getting "Alberta clippers" which have warm air ahead of them, and then bring cold air. The temperature has fluctuated between about 0 and -30 Celsius several times already. It's currently -31C, but with windchill it's -43C. (Aren't you glad you're not here, Paulina!) Today I was wishing for a nice wool scarf and tuque, instead of the acrylic ones I have now. However, I've promised not to visit the LYS until *after* Christmas. *sigh*

They're currently forecasting -8C for Christmas, but a few days ago they thought it might actually rain! Crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup, definitely glad I'm not there! ;)

It's supposed to freeze here tonight, and we have a 40% chance of snow (which is unlikely to stick if it does happen). They're predicting a high in the 40s and a low in the upper teens for Christmas Day. Which is just a wee bit chilly for me. Hopefully our palm trees will survive it...

The high is supposed to be back up in the 60s by Monday, though. How's that for odd weather?

-Paulina