Friday, December 10, 2004

BOOM!

Wowzers, did we ever have a storm last night. It poured rain, and there was a near constant lightning show! If it didn't happen at 4:45 in the morning, I would have sat there and watched it for a while. I unplugged my computer, and later took a brief look outside after an impressive flash-boom-crack to see what had been hit. However, at that point I could only see stuff by the flash of the lightning, because the street lights were out. (The power in the house stayed on, except for a blip that made my answering machine talk to me.)

In Winnipeg, I'd associate this kind of storm with summer, not near-winter!

Looking out this morning, you'd hardly guess about the excitement last night. The rain has mostly dried up, and the sun is peeking through the clouds.

The half-dead tree in front of my appartment looks like it's in the process of losing several more major branches. (I wish the apartment complex would do something about that tree! At least trim off the dead branches, and treat whatever insect infestation is killing the tree, if they don't want to remove it altogether!)

I was bad and let myself sleep late this morning. Why? I realized after I went to bed that I hadn't reset my alarm, and I was too lazy to do it then. So I simply turned it off. Well, I should hurry up and get in to school!

No comments: