Saturday, December 04, 2004

Incredible shrinking comforter

My comforter is *not* machine washable! I washed my comforter this week with cold water, and dried it on low heat, and it shrunk even more than last week. It's now small enough that it has only about 6" of overhang on each side of the bed (if that), and is not long enough to tuck in. This is really frustrating, because I had figured out that if I tucked it in, then put my ratty cotton blanket on top, it stayed put, and I slept really well. Now I have to find a new way to fix it to the top of my bed, and may have to find a totally different blanket if the stupid thing keeps shrinking. :(

Well, before I started my laundry, I was having a good day. I actually slept really well last night, even though I didn't take any Trazodone. (I hadn't taken any the night before, either.) Maybe I don't need the stuff any more. :) That would be really cool... I hate taking all the medications I do. Anyway, I didn't get to bed until about 1:00, since I didn't actually get home from the movie until midnight. When I woke up at 9, I still felt somewhat tired, but my brain felt awake! It's been a while since it's felt awake like that! However, since it was Saturday, and I was still tired too, I went back to bed and slept until 11:00.

So far I've started my laundry (which now has me rather grouchy... it took me *forever* to finish that comforter!), had breakfast, had a nice long phone call with my dad, and finished reading a National Geographic (from May, I think, so I'm not too far behind yet... I was doing much better before they started delivering a free, twice-weekly paper). I hear my laundry has stopped, so I should go change loads, then have my shower, and check to see if the front office has any interesting movies to ride my exercise bike to. I'd like to get my grocery shopping done today, as well as make some banana bread for the departmental "holiday lunch" next week. I may need to bake pita bread too. Oh well, I guess I should go get started, since it's nearly 2pm. ;)

No comments: