Thursday, December 09, 2004

*yawn*

So... I appear to have survived my trip to Lenoir. Why is it that normally I have absolutely no problem falling asleep, but the night before I have to get up at 4am I take an hour and a half to fall asleep?!?

I discovered something interesting this morning... NPR actually has a news broadcast (by the BBC) that doesn't mention the war in Iraq! It was quite interesting, and also refreshing. I was a bit foggy at the time, but I seem to recall mention of some research which can lead to an HIV vaccine, and the existance of possible "honour killings" in Britain by Asians (mostly Indians, from the sounds of things). I've forgotten the other stuff... oh, wait, there was also something about South America forming a coalition similar to the EU. So, if you want interesting news, all you have to do is get up at 4am! ;)

Jack picked me up at 5am. A student from our class (who is from Lenoir) also came along. I slept a bit in the car, but kept waking up because my neck hurt. I don't sleep well sitting up. The two classes went well, and the teacher and students seemed to really enjoy it and learn something. Cool. :) I fixed a small bug in my software between the two classes. (I *really* need to rewrite my parser... it's a mess!) It rained on the way home, and Jack's jetlag was catching up with him, so I took a turn driving. We switched a bit before Winston Salem, and I drove the rest of the way back. By the time we were back it was 4:30, so I didn't bother going in to school. I did a couple of rows on my mom's sock at lunch, but that was about it.

I could use a nap. I think I'll have dinner, veg in front of the TV, and then go to bed at a reasonable hour.

No comments: