Saturday, December 11, 2004

Rambling on...

I think I'll ramble about a bunch of stuff tonight, and get it all in one post for once. ;)

yarngirl describes a neat way to make a foot "dress form"... this sounds easier than trying to use the auto-timer on my camera!

Neat... yarn manufacturers donate yarn for people who do charity work! I'm not going to send away for any right now... I have enough other projects going... but maybe I'll try this after I move back to Winnipeg. (The lady got a lot of yarn, and I wouldn't want to have to move it back to Canada with me.)

I've decided I like my mittens best with just the snowflake, and since I'm the one wearing them, I'll go with that. Thanks for everyone's opinions!

I've make progress on my raglan sweater. I had intended to spend today working on my dissertation, but somehow ended up watching the first two LOTR movies and crocheting my sweater. (Not even working on a Christmas gift for someone else! Bad me!) Well, at least I rode my exercise bike for 30 minutes, and got my laundry done. (That reminds me... I think I need to move the last load to the dryer... okay, task accomplished.) Anyway, I think the body of the sweater is now long enough, so now it just needs sleeves. Here's how it looks so far:
raglan progress

I'm very impressed with the little project progress bars I hacked together... I'd like to find a nicer way to "code" them (to make them briefer for reuse), but I rather like how they turned out. I was going to steal the code from someone else's site, but I couldn't get to the original website, to find out what was kosher.

I think that's everything I felt like rambling about. If I've forgotten something, I'll post it tomorrow. ;)

2 comments:

pfirsch said...

Glad you made a decision about the mittens. They go on *your* hands; so, wear the ones that *you* like.

I'm impressed with the sweater and the color. Is it chenille? I tried the pattern out myself, but didn't have the common sense to taper the body--it was much to boxy when I tried it and was subsequently ripped out. Posting a pattern wouldn't be a bad thing.;)

Talk to you later.

noricum said...

Thanks! :)

The yarn is TLC amore... it looks just like chenille, but is machine washable. I think the construction of the yarn is something like a fuzzy boucle, but I'm still learning about yarns, so that might not be right. ;) It's really nice and soft, but unfortunately is 80% acrylic, 20% nylon, so it won't be very warm.

I'll write down the pattern for you!

PS: I now have my purple stripe sweater sitting on the couch, nagging me to write up the pattern before I go home for the holidays!