Sunday, March 06, 2005

In the news...

Bizarre... well, from now on, when I'm having a bad day, I'll have to remember that at least it's not this bad:

CALIFORNIA CHIMP ATTACK LEAVES MAN IN CRITICAL CONDITION
Two chimpanzees broke free from their cage at a California animal
sanctuary Thursday, chewing off most of a 62-year-old man's face and
biting his wife.
FULL STORY:
http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2005/03/04/chimpanzee-attack050304.html

I'm trying to figure out if there are any morals to this story... like "share the cake with your chimp's friends, or get your face chewed off"? "Don't feed the animals"? "Wild animals aren't pets"? "It's a chimp-eat-man world out there"? I don't know... the story just seems to leave me a bit puzzled. It's one of those things where you're shocked, disgusted, and wondering if there'll be footage on the eleven o'clock news. I think TV's rotting my brain. I hope the couple recovers okay.

2 comments:

Deneen said...

I read this in my local paper and my paper stated his nose and genitals were eaten off. Almost like any appendage that was sticking out got eaten. Totally bizarro and gross.

noricum said...

Okay, now I have a really disturbing image involving chocolate easter bunnies!