Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Progress Squared

Before I talk about crocheting, let me just say the feature I added to my slider today is *awesome*! It wasn't as much progress as I should have, or could have, made today on my dissertation, but it was a really cool feature to add. I feel good. Hopefully that will lead to making better progress tomorrow. :P

Tonight I finished off last night's #55, and then did #63. Man, that square is twisted. Here they both are:

Yes, neither one contains blue. That's life. They "match", though, because they share the same colours as other squares, which is unlikely with RAOK squares from other people. (Should I be lucky enough get any. Note to RAOKers... if you'd rather match a different colour that's already in the afghan, that's fine too.) I'm nearly out of red... there's just a tiny bit left. Probably enough to add an accent to one more square, if I keep it small. I finished off two partial balls doing the gray square, but I still have two more balls that I haven't started. Then there's the partial of dark blue, and two and a partial of blue variegated. I think next I'll do a plain stripe with gray and the blue variegated... and then maybe another somewhat fancier stripe with the gray and dark blue. Of course, I should probably make a few more RAOK squares first... or wash my dishes, or finish my red sweater pattern... ;)

I tried testing the water to see if a guy would be interested in going to the concert with me, but he wasn't interested. Oh well... I'll still have fun by myself. I wonder if Natalie MacMaster will be willing to sign my CD? It's not the same one as she's promoting right now... but that shouldn't matter, right? The only concert I ever got anything signed at was a Fred Penner record (yes, I'm that old) when I was a kid. There they had set things up so you could get him to sign records. I'm not sure how they'll do it here.

Lame duck signing off. ;)

1 comment:

DAWN said...

You are not that old, trust me and I hope you get your CD signed!
~ DAWN