Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I asked for it

These are from Trish:

1. What happens when you die? Are you reincarnated, or do you go to heaven? If reincarnated, what animal would you like to come back as?

I'm afraid that I have a very boring answer: when I die, I'm dead. All my proteins denature into fertilizer. All the more reason to live this life to the fullest, and do something to remembered by. ;)

If I did believe in reincarnation... hmmm... how about a common loon... then I could still spend my summers at the lake. ;)

2. Since laughter really IS the best medicine, What is your favorite joke? Tell us please, make us laugh!!!

A mathematician, physicist, engineer, and computer scientist were asked to prove that all odd numbers are prime.

Mathematician: 1 is prime, 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, the proof follows by induction.
Physicist: 1 is prime, 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 is experimental error, 11 is prime, the evidence shows that all odd numbers are prime.
Engineer: 1 is prime, 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 is prime, 11 is prime...
Computer Scientist: 1 is prime, 1 is prime, 1 is prime, 1 is prime...

Of course, that joke is probably a lot funnier if you're a computer scientist. ;)

I remember, back when I first saw it, the movie "The Gods Must be Crazy" was a really good bellylaugh. I'm not sure what I'd think of it now.

3. What one food could you not live WITHOUT?

Chocolate. I'm allergic to chocolate... so I eat chocolate until the rash gets too bad, and then cut back a bit. ;)

4. Are you a follower or a leader?

I think I'm a bit of both. I'll usually follow along, but when the leader starts screwing up, I just take over. I don't really like standing out, but I also can't stand following an incompetent leader. And then there's the fact that I'm highly organized... so if I'm travelling to a conference with my research group, everyone, including my advisor, will ask when things start, how to get there... I tell you, they'd be lost without me. Literally. I'm the only one with the map and transit schedule.

5. What one cartoon character would you say most describes you?

Hmmm... it's been a long time since I watched cartoons. Well, he's not really a cartoon, but I think muppets are close enough. I'll go with Kermit the Frog. It's not easy being green. I'm nice but kind of ordinary, bizarre things happen to me, and only really strange characters show a "romantic interest" in me. ;)

Update: I thought of a real cartoon character... Mulan. Smart, and definitely unconventional. ;)

Remember, if you'd like me to interview you, the rules are below. :) (Scroll down... waaaaay down.)

2 comments:

hi, i'm natalie said...

Isn't "The Gods Must Be Crazy" a big hit in the anthropology world? Or am I totally off base here?

noricum said...

I can see how it would be. Have you seen it?

I've always had a mild interest in anthropology... I took the first year classes (physical and cultural), but I don't think I'd want to do a degree in it.