Friday, March 04, 2005

Break

Well, that was a fun little unscheduled break. My advisor popped in to say he was cancelling our meeting to go to a talk, and 30 seconds later the fire alarm goes off. I wonder... was someone trying to avoid an exam, or did someone forget to keep an eye on their microwave popcorn? It was pretty quick, whatever it was... out and back in ~15 minutes.

Although I had absolutely no fear the building was about to burn to a crisp, I brought my laptop with me. I haven't gotten around to backing up my dissertation work... there's no way I'm letting this baby burn! (Um, yeah, I'll make that backup soon. I do occasionally e-mail myself a copy of the source code, so I do have a reasonably recent copy of that sitting on a server somewhere.)

Well, back to work. (No, this isn't the controversial post I was alluding to...)

No comments: