Wednesday, March 23, 2005

WOW Wednesday

It's that time of the week again.

Let R be the set of people that read my blog, let C be the set of people with carpal tunnel, and let L be the set of people with a latex allergy. Oh, and let A be the set containing me.

Even though the cardinality of (R ∩ C ∩ L) - A is probably very close to zero, I'm going to do this WOW anyway.

wow

Carpal Tunnel vs Latex Allergy Solution

I have carpal tunnel that acts up sometimes. I find that wearing a wrist brace (or two) at night helps. However, all the commercial wrist braces at my local drug store contain latex, and I have a latex allergy. Wearing a latex-containing wrist brace overnight isn't fun. I found a quick and easy solution... all you need is a piece of polar fleece.

Here is my (inexpensive) wrist brace:

Ignore the white bit around the thumb opening... that was a failed attempt at reducing latex contact.

Cut a square of polar fleece that is a little taller than the brace, and somewhat narrower. Cut an "x" just big enough for your thumb:


Put the brace on, with the fleece between you and the brace:

Make sure the fleece sticks out everywhere, especially around the thumb. Voila, a brace that keeps me happy. I hope it works for you too.

This WOW is brought to you by the letter A.

1 comment:

noricum said...

Other materials will probably work too, but you want them thick, and I like that polar fleece doesn't need hemming. ;)