Thursday, March 10, 2005

Jinxed

Do not ask me to be on your user study. I appear to be jinxed, and will generate bad data.

A friend of mine has a user study as part of his dissertation. A while back I participated, and his software crashed while I was doing the test. I was the only one it crashed for. He never did figure out what happened.

The first user study he did didn't come up with any interesting results. So now he's doing another user study. He foolishly asked me to participate again. This time I didn't crash the computer... but it sort of crashed me. Either the same lunch I've been eating since January has suddenly decided to disagree with me (entirely possible), or his test made me carsick. I offered to finish, but he didn't want me to get more sick. I would probably produce bad data anyway.

So... if you want to graduate, don't ask me to be part of your user study... I think I'm jinxed.

I think I'll go put my head down.

No comments: