Friday, March 04, 2005

Get up and dance!

Man, was that a great concert! I clapped so much that my hands hurt, and then clapped some more! I stomped my feet! I would have danced, if I knew how! If I had money, I would go out and buy every one of Natalie MacMaster's CDs! And I'd get a CD of two of the people playing with her tonight... Matt MacIssac (awesome bagpipes!), and John Chiasson. The third with his own CD, Brad Davidge, was pretty cool too, but more country than I prefer.

Did you know there's electric bagpipes? And Matt MacIssac's music is rather unique... his CD is apparently "bagpipes soul". ;)

John Chiasson, on the other hand, plays the type of Jazz that I like. (I have trouble finding jazz... there's some I like, and some I don't like, and I can't remember who plays what.)

The other two artists, Allan Dewar (piano) and Miche Pouliot (drums) were good too, but I don't think they had their own CDs.

I wish I could have bought some CDs tonight, but they were $20 USD each... and I need to keep to a budget. I am glad that I splurged the $18 for tickets tonight, though. :)

And beware visiting me this next little while... I'll make you dance a jig!!!!

Oh... and Natalie did sign my CD booklet, and, since I didn't have CDs of the others, I got Brad, John, and Matt to sign my program. :)) They were all neat... they didn't just sign and go on to the next person, they asked my name, wrote a little something, and chit-chatted a bit too. :)) During the performance, Natalie even played a request of one little girl sitting in the front row, and got her up on stage when everyone got up to dance for the encore. (I think we've got a future little Natalie budding!)

Can you tell I had a great time tonight? (The number of smileys should be a hint!!! :))))))) )

Apparently now it's time for me to unwind and go to bed. Somehow, I don't think that's happening any time soon! ;)

1 comment:

Daph said...

So glad to hear that you had a good time! Sounds like it was lots 'o fun! :)