Monday, March 07, 2005

Picture Day!

I finally got around to uploading pictures from the past few days, so here's a picture day post! :)

P(re)S: There's fun stuff at the bottom!

Resurfacing

I thought I was going to have company on Sunday, so I decided to clear off some of the flat surfaces in my more public rooms. I'd like to introduce you to my coffee table, which I haven't seen since my birthday party:

My comfey couch is looking pretty spiffy now too! (That couch is soooo comfortable... when I found out no one was coming on Sunday, I lay down and pulled the blanket over me. Three hours later, I woke up, wondering why my bed was unusually comfortable!) Now, I'm not a total slob... some flat surfaces *have* stayed clean (for the most part) since my birthday. My dresser is one:

The lump on the floor is my Koigu socks, waiting to have another shower with me. I didn't do them this weekend because I was bleaching the mildew both days... I didn't want to bleach my Koigu socks!!! Washing them in the shower is going pretty well... although now I'm using a cheaper baby shampoo on them, and I do them at the end of my shower. Yes, I have two scales... I found I was having trouble reading the numbers on one, so bought the second. I haven't gotten around to taking the first to a donation place yet.

Other surfaces I manage to keep pretty tidy all the time. This includes my two night tables:

Hmmm... I'm a bit behind on my recreational reading... and it looks like it's time to take out the white trash. ;)

Now, where did all my surface clutter go? To my "craft table", of course!

No... I'm not going to show you the disaster zone I call a desk. And yeah, I'll get around to putting the tree away soon. I've already taken some of the ornaments off. Why is it taking me so long? I want to use my scraps of polar fleece to make little protective pouches for my ornaments. I whipped up a few already...

Oh, and I should mention I finished another blanket square:

I'll work on those RAOK squares next... and that'll clean one item off my craft table. I'd really like to find my craft table... for two reasons: (1) clutter bothers me, and (2) I'd like to use my table to *do* crafts, not just store them! ;) Okay... here's the plan. First I'll do the RAOK squares, then I'll do the ornament pouches. That'll clear off a pretty large amount of my craft table, since most of those boxes are for ornaments.

Mail!

Now for the fun stuff! I came home to *two* packages today! One contained my Ram Wools order of emu superwash dk yarn... this picture shows the range of colours I got, plus the hooks I RAOKed myself with:

For some reason all the colours are pretty accurate, except for the purple ball on the top left, which in real life is almost the same colour as the deep purple on the plaid chair cover behind the yarn. Have I mentioned that I ♥ Ram Wools? Not only did I get this great yarn for a great price, but, instead of using regular plastic bags to package the yarn inside the box, they used one of those zippered plastic bags, like blankets come in these days!

And, I saved the best for last! I got a spinning RAOK! I was surprised with a box on my doorstep that contained a spinning magazine (Spin Off... looks great so far), a drop spindle (I was going to make one, and now I don't have to!), two kinds of roving (blue colonial and gray romney... mmmm.... petting pretty fibre!) and some fibre samples to let me know what else is out there! :)

I'm very excited to start! ...But not tonight. After cooking & blogging, it's now past my bedtime. Tuesday evening is SNB... but I think I know what I'm going to try Wednesday evening! ;)

2 comments:

Jewels said...

woooohooooo - you got your emu superwash!! Feels pretty soft hey? How does it compare with your Elann kind??

noricum said...

The elann is softer. I'll send you a sample... it's great stuff!