Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Red and Blue do NOT make Purple

(Rant Warning)

... at least, not around here. I live in a blue town in a red state. People familiar with US politics will know what I'm talking about. Normally it's a reasonably happy blue around here, but this morning I woke up to a red headline. *sigh*. The Chapel Hill News website doesn't seem to want to show me the article, but the headline at the top of today's paper read "Gay rights draws anti-gay crowd". I am not gay, but I support the right for others to choose to be gay, and still have "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." (Note to gay friends: it may be the "American" motto, but you may find achieving it is easier in Canada.) I know a bunch of the original American pilgrims came to avoid religious persecution. Whatever happened to "do unto others as you would have done unto you"?

(Rant finished)

No comments: