Saturday, March 26, 2005

Happy Surprises

Today seems full of happy surprises... and I haven't been awake all that long!

At first it seemed like another dreary day... the sun is hiding behind the clouds, making it that much harder to get up, and noises coming from my neighbours apartment woke me up earlier than I wanted. (I stayed in bed for a while anyway, but it's not the same.)

Then I decided to check the mail. (I was actually intending to put some mail out, but it turns out the mailman was early today.) I got three fun things... all of which were expected, but not necessarily today. One was my National Geographic magazine, one was a big envelope from my mom (containing both my Canadian tax forms and a Gallery Glass window clinger she made), and the last was the Rowan Harry Potter sweater pattern that Johanna picked up for me!

Then, as I was about to have breakfast (lunch?), my cousin Margaret phoned! I almost never get phone calls! (Well, except for my dad on Fridays, and my mom on Sundays.) She called to tell me that she was thinking of me, and had faith in my abilities. (I'm doubting my abilities somewhat these days.) It was such a nice phone call. :)

Maybe this day won't be so gray and dreary after all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that I could help you find the Harry Potter pattern, but I'm extra happy that I could brighten your day! Have a great one,

Johanna
Jofrog is Knitfrog