Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Wild & Crazy

I'm really getting wild... I'm going to a concert Friday night! Okay, so it's not some rock or heavy metal concert... but *still*... I paid $18 for a student ticket! Natalie MacMaster is playing at UNC. I ♥ Natalie MacMaster. :)) It would be nice if I had someone to go with, but I'm going to have fun regardless! I don't know of anyone down here that has even heard of Natalie MacMaster, let alone know that they like her. In a way, though, that's kind of good... I didn't find out about the concert until I saw the ad in Sunday's paper, and then I was worried that they would be sold out already. I didn't have time to go get tickets yesterday. I called today to see if they still had any, and they seemed surprised that I felt I needed to ask. Sheesh... these southerners must not know great music! Of course, I've only discovered Natalie MacMaster recently, so I'm not one to talk. ;)

Tonight at SNB: heels for my knitpicks socks. A return to colour! Then half a gray 'ghan square (I decided to give #55 from the 63 Squares book a whirl) while watching Gilmore Girls, which I had recorded. I'm glad Luke & Lorelai are back together!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what? Luke & Loralai are back together?? I catch the show so sporadically that I was SHOCKED to know they'd actually gotten TOGETHER!! Do tell!!

noricum said...

Hmmm... let's see... I think it all started around the time of Luke's sister's wedding... Luke asked Lorelai out a couple of times, in typical Luke style, so Lorelai wasn't sure if that's what he was doing. They ended up together, but Lorelai's mom, Emily, wasn't happy with that... Luke wasn't "good enough". So finally a couple episodes back, when Emily and Richard were preparing to renew their vows (they had temporarily split up), Emily invited Rory's dad to the vow renewal, telling him he'd better get Lorelai back now if he ever wanted to. Rory's dad got drunk, there was a big fight between Rory's dad and Luke, and Luke went off. Lorelai told Emily that she was through with her. Then, last night, in an attempt to get Lorelai to visit again, Emily tells Luke that he won, and Lorelai chose him, no matter what Emily thought. Luke goes straight over to Lorelai's, there's an awkward moment where they both try to think of what they want to say, and then they skip saying anything, and just kiss. Voila, back together.

noricum said...

Ah... now I remember Rory's dad's name... it's Christopher! Why is it that I can't remember it until I hit "publish"...