Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Home Alone

Looks like I won't have a roommate after all... I remembered that a lot of European smoke, and it turns out she does too. She wasn't planning on smoking in the house, but cigarette smoke really sticks to clothing... not to mention the old stuff leaking out of your lungs and pores. I can't stand sitting near smokers on the bus... I don't think I could live with one!

Oh well... it would have been crowded here anyway, and now I don't have to clean my office. ;)

My glasses decided to sproing apart last night. Luckily both the lens and screw were easy to find (boy I'm glad I'm not blind without my glasses!), and I reassembled them this morning. (I was just getting into bed when they fell apart, so I didn't feel like dealing with them then.) Since the screw has been going since Christmas, I stopped by an optometrist on the way in to school. They didn't have any of the mini nut & bolt combos, but they replaced the current screw with a locking screw. While I was in, I asked how much an eye exam would be, since I am now past due. Answer? $83. Ouch.

That reminds me... I still need to fill out my taxes.. and rent is due too.

No comments: