Sunday, April 30, 2006

Tank Top

I finished the edging (for the second time) while friends were over. I didn't attempt to kitchener before everyone was gone, though... that takes concentration! I didn't want to cut the yarn, but realized that if I "undid" one row after the cast on, I'd have enough tail to kitchener! I prepared by following the path of that row with a contrasting yarn:
Prep for Kitchener
I think it turned out quite well:
Kitchenered Seam

It looks like the right circumference:
Tank Top WIP
(I know it's wrong, but I keep thinking "ass wreath.")

I continued working with the remaining yarn from the first ball, and then started the second ball:
Tank Top WIP
I've now come up with it's official name: Forest Purl. (Yep, I'm actually purling it, rather knitting it inside out. I figured the leaves near the neck would be easier that way.)

I haven't tried it on since it was at the "ass wreath" stage. Maybe tomorrow I'll give it a try... at worst, I'll just have to pick up a few more stitches, because the ass wreath is plenty loose. (Even though my gauge calculations says it shouldn't be.) I do have another 32 rows with this version, which results in 16 more stitches picked up. (I picked up one stitch for every two rows. Although with the way the two stitch garter stretched, perhaps I should have picked up more.)

I think I need to concentrate on purling tighter... my gauge looks a bit loose. Or maybe I'll go down a needle size. Changing gauge around the waist will probably actually be beneficial. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - ass wreath - you're killin' me, here.

Anonymous said...

I really like the leaves. I can't wait to see how you do the leaves at the top end.

H

Pam said...

It does appear that your ass has been participating in ancient Olympics. Hope it did well.

The tank is going to turn out great.