Friday, April 21, 2006

Strange Turns

Life takes strange turns. So far, mine has not gone as planned. I'm okay with that... I would have preferred it otherwise, but good things (ie friendships) have happened on this path that I wouldn't give up for the world.

I was just talking to another student (who wishes to remain anonymous) that (s)he also plans to leave grad school. This is someone who has been making great progress (unlike me), but has decided this is not the path for them.

Isn't life strange?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes! it's very strange. :)

Deneen said...

I don't know of anyone who has had their life go exactly as planned. Everyday is a learning experience and life is strange. My college major was literature and I planned to teach high school-long story short, it wasn't for me at all.

Pam said...

I agree completly. I'm nowhere near where I though I would be, even 2 years ago. Here's wishing your friend good luck. It takes a strong heart to walk away from something you invested so much even if you know isn't right for you.