Saturday, April 22, 2006

Saturday

It's raining, it's pouring, I spent the morning snoring!

One of the things I rather enjoy is lying in bed listening to the rain on the roof. I also enjoy watching the rain up at the lake... we have large windows and the couches sit facing them. It's nice to pull out a book or a craft and enjoy being warm and dry inside. A cup of hot chocolate goes well with the watching too. ;)

Speaking of the lake, I've been thinking of starting a second blog with my memories from the lake. I'll post a link if I do.

The first of Bethany's socks was within two inches of being done, but her unusual foot shape foiled me. I'm glad I had the opportunity for her to try it on... I had suspected as much when I measured her feet on Tuesday, but I didn't compensate enough. I need to rip back to an inch before the heel. Oh well... even then, these socks are going fast. ;)

Bethany came over last night and we watched The Chronicles of Narnia. (I'd seen it before, but Bethany hadn't.) Bethany wound some of her yarn and finished her Slytherin scarf. I seamed a few more rows of my afghan. I only have three rows left to seam... and then all the rows to seam together... and then some edging... ;) I may manage to finish it this weekend. Or not. It will be done soon, however.

I think I may be coming down with a bit of something... I had an upset stomach last night after dinner (which may have just been from eating too much), and then a sore throat before bed. It's still somewhat sore this morning. :P

Oooo... the rain's coming down again. :) This'll be a nice day to work on my afghan, do laundry, and stay holed up in the house. ;) I'll leave the grocery shopping until tomorrow... I prefer to stay dry while carrying my groceries home.

Tomorrow is Apple Chill, the local spring street festival. Bethany and I are planning on going to look at the arts and crafts booths. I don't know if S is coming... I haven't heard from her yet.

No comments: